The Enoch Mgijima Local Municipality invites local charitable organizations; NGO’s, NPO’s and BPO’s to submit written applications for Rates and Taxes exemptions for the 2019/2020 financial year.
To be considered for the exemption, applicants must adhere to the following criteria
The Organization must:
- Apply by submitting an official application form;
- Provide banking details in the name of the organization with current bank statement for the last 3 months;
- Submit a copy of the organization’s constitution;
- Audited Financial Statements
- NPO Certificate
- Provide a letter from respective ward Councilor which must acknowledge the following:
- Whether the organization has a measured track record and is it of benefit to the local community;
- Whether the organization operates in the Enoch Mgijima Municipality and state in which ward
- Work/Services rendered by the organization
- Provide letter from SARS confirming that the organization qualifies for exemption in terms of the Income Tax Act
If any of the above are not adhered to, the applicant will automatically be disqualified.
Applicants are advised that the approval of exemptions by this Council is in terms of Section 3 (3)(g) of the Municipal Rates Act No 6 of 2004 as amended.
For further information, please contact Ms Nosiphiwo Seti (Revenue Manager) on 045 807 2008 during normal office hours.
Application forms may be collected at the following Budget & Treasury of the Enoch Mgijima Municipal Offices:
- 25 Owen Street, Komani
- 39 Smith Street, Molteno
- 58 John Vorster Street, Sterkstroom
- 12 Murray Street, Tarkastad
- 194 Molteno Street, Hofmeyr
- 12 Calderwood Street, Whittlesea
Or visit the Municipality website www.enochmgijima.org .za
The closing date for the submission of these application forms is 28 June 2019 and no late applications will be accepted.
G. MASHIYI TOWN HALL
ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER CATHCART ROAD