Notice is hereby given to all affected parties that the municipality launched urgent court proceedings on the 4th of August 2020, before Justice Griffiths, under Case Number 431/2020, in the Bisho High Court, against illegal land invaders that occupy sites on property otherwise known as Braakkloof Farms, more fully described as Farm 457, Queenstown Road, Eastern Cape in extent of 1227.7261H and held under Title Deed T 41557/2014CTN “the property”.
Pursuant to the urgent application, interdict was granted which order, among others, provides that:
- a rule nisi is hereby issued in terms of which respondents are called upon to show cause on 10 September 2020 why an order in the following terms should not be made a final order of the above Honourable Court:
the first to eleventh respondents from selling plots or inciting people to illegally
occupy the property;
- interdicting the first to eleventh respondent from entering the property, demarcating, selling and then allocating plots on the property, allowing or inciting the twelfth respondent to construct structures on the property returning to, or reoccupying the property after their eviction therefrom
- evicting the respondents and all those who are illegally invading the property and unlawful constructing structures on the property
- directing the respondents to remove the structures and their contents used for the construction of illegal structures on the property, failing which the applicant is authorised to cause same to be demolished and material moved from the property
- directing the first to eleventh respondents pay the costs of this application on an attorney and own client scale, jointly and severally the one paying the other to be absolved
- paragraphs 3.1 to 3.3 serve as an interim interdict against the first to twelfth respondents until the return date
of this court order be:
- by the Sheriff and where necessary with the assistance of the thirteenth respondents on the first to the twelfth respondents by reading out the order by loudhailer at the premises ;
- by transmitting of the court order on the community radio station and on the Umhlobo Wenene Station on all affected ;
- by publication the order twice in the local Queenstown Rep Newspaper.
- the first to twelfth respondents are entitled to anticipate the return date after 24 hours written notice to the applicant’s attorneys.
Copies of the High Court Application are available for viewing at the municipal main offices in Whittlesea.
For enquiries please contact, Mr Malibongwe Xhelisilo, the Acting Manager for the Whittlesea Satellite Office at (
040 842 1930 )